Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to the SWM Rec Fall 2021 season, non-stop from August 28th to October 30th. The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth, exciting season. Now sit back and relax. Minus a referee shortage and late uniforms, couldn’t be happier with how things have gone. Just a few highlights to note:
- 2nd SWM Rec Coach U event is tonight at the LYSC – Picnic Area Under the Trees, 6pm to 7pm. Coaches, if you did not have a chance to attend the one held 8/25, this is your chance to hear other SWM Rec Coaches provide advice, helpful tips, and things to expect this season. Please join us if you missed the first.
- We opened Lakeshore Eats (Concession Stand) for the first time with the help of Krystal Lockman and her Family. If you have a chance to stop by, please do. We expect it to be open Gamedays, though if there is a shortage of Volunteers this may not be possible. So please remember to volunteer if you did not Opt-Out. Remember our Concession Stand is credit card or debit card only.
- To date we have had great Volunteer participation! Best in a long while, much appreciation to all of those who’ve chipped in their time and effort. Keep it Up!
- Despite the delay in uniform delivery, several families have come up with creative solutions to get by and identify their teams. For example, Coach Dimeko Price had homemade jerseys to help identify his team for gameday. Great job Coach!
- We’ve had a few Coaches take advantage of their option to reschedule games to accommodate families and be relieved of the heat! Completely okay and expected. Thank you for exercising your benefit as Head Coach.
- All but 51% of our Teams have registered Assistant Coaches! Excellent! We do still need to have at least one Assistant Coach per Team. For those that do not have one, please get one registered. This is very important, as the success of our league is all dependent on our Coaching Staff.
- Coach Jen Morales has stepped up to lead uniform distribution. As details come about, we will be sure to communicate these to you. Uniform delivery is tentatively scheduled for 9/10.
- Remember to check out and attend our Lakeshore Varsity Soccer and Football games. Any youth player in our league is welcome to join the Soccer Varsity team on the field so long as they wear their SWM Rec Jersey. Home games to attend 9/1, 9/7, 9/16, 9/21, and 9/24. Go root on the Lancers and Coach Brian Samuel and Coach Danny Thompson!
There are a few more highlights that I will mention in the upcoming days, but these were just a few. On another note, we are in desperate need of Referees for our U10, U12, and U14 games. If you know of anyone interested, please forward them to me. Referees will be paid AND we will pay for them to be trained. For more information click HERE.
Finally, if you did not ‘Opt Out’ of volunteering in your registration, you are expected to volunteer your time to help our league prosper. Please look at the Volunteer Schedule to find a service task, date, and time amicable with your schedule and let us know when we can expect you. For if we do not have record of your service to the league and you did not ‘Opt Out’, we will apply the ‘Opt Out’ fee to your registration account by season’s end. For a list of volunteer options, dates, and times click HERE.
For a list of housekeeping items, you may be interested in, see below:
- Rosters – Coaches, please reference your GotSport account for your current roster and roster contact information by clicking HERE. This is your source of truth.
- Parking Information – Click HERE.
- All Coaches – PLEASE Complete your Trainings by clicking HERE.
- Assistant Coaches – Register HERE.
- Live Office Hours – Visit our homepage at www.swmrec.com
- Uniforms Updates – Click HERE.
- Picture Dates – Click HERE.