Law requires all parents to sign a concussion form for their child before their child can play in a game. Parents will be prompted to complete a concussion form at the time of registration.
If not completed at the time of registration, a member of SWM Rec’s Board will be following up with coaches and parents to ensure a form is filled out. Parents only need to sign one form per player for the entire time their child participates in the league.
Equipment and Uniform Policy
- Shinguards are a requirement for all divisions U6 and up.
- Soccer cleats are highly recommended for divisions U6 and up, but are not required.
- Jewelry is not allowed unless worn for medical or religious purposes. In this instance, the jewelry must be taped in place underneath the player’s jersey.
- In instances of inclement or cold weather, players can layer up beneath their jerseys but should not cover their jerseys. Players may wear long pants, insulated undergarments, hats, gloves, and shirts layered underneath their uniforms.
- Damaged or lose jerseys may be replaced for $15. Please contact league leadership if your child requires a new jersey.
- Other than the uniform, any equipment borrowed from SWM Rec must be returned in the same condition as it was received, minus expected wear and tear.
Most teams opt to have parents provide snacks after each game. Please be mindful of possible food allergies if you volunteer to provide treats for the players.
Specifying a specific team or a coach is generally not allowed except for the following reasons:
- Volunteering to be a Coach or Assistant Coach.
A child will always play on the team that their parent coaches.
A late fee of $25 will be automatically applied to any registration submitted after the Regular Registration period has ended.
A surcharge of $5 will be automatically applied for non-residents of Lincoln Charter Township.
SWM Rec is made possible by its dedicated volunteers. Volunteerism is vital to provide the best possible experience for players and parents. As such, all parents are required to volunteer in some capacity for each season their child participates.
Parents may choose not to volunteer and may opt-out during the registration process. A $50 opt-out fee will be assessed for parents who choose not to volunteer.
- Full refunds are available if requested before regular registration closes for the upcoming season.
- A refund for 50% of registration fees will be issued if requested before the end of the late registration period for the upcoming season.
- No refunds will be issued once games begin unless there is an exception made due to injury or medical condition.