Patience is a virtue. Remember, each player develops at their speed.
Every child might have a different way of learning. Make sure to teach in various ways.
- Learn through seeing.
- Use cones that allow the players to see the spots on the field.
- Demonstrate a drill or skill to show players how to do it.
- This demonstration also earns trust, as your players won’t feel like you are asking them to perform a task that you wouldn’t do yourself.
- Learn through hearing.
- Speak slowly and clearly while explaining concepts.
- Continual correction and encouragement while a player is working.
- Learn through moving, touching or doing.
- Tell the players where to go then do it.
- Show the players what to and have them mimic right after.