THANK YOU ALL FOR A GREAT SEASON!!!
Well folks, this game winner of a season is over … And I’ve got to say it was one heckuva season … Let’s see what was accomplished:
- 1st Season in Over a Year (Thanks to all of YOU)
- 4 Coaching Clinics (Thanks to Coach Samuel, Coach Director Brian Lawrence, Officiating Director Mark Smith, LPS Superintendent Philip Freeman, Kohn Family)
- 10+ New Board Members and Advisors (Thanks to Sunil Samtani, Jarret Burgess, and Josh Schmidke, Jay Meeth, League Sec. Jessica Potter)
- A more focused approach to Parent Experience (Thanks to Parental Experience Director Beth Staley)
- SWM Rec Cup Week (Thanks to our Volunteers and Director of Player Dev Sean James, Terra Rasmussen, Jon Punches and Jasmine Van Dusen, Mike and Beth Staley, Superwoman, Jake Pschigoda, Mark Stevens, Amy Miliken, Jamie Griffin, Douglas DeCamp)
- A Healthy and Vibrant Volunteer Workforce (Thanks to Kristi Rumsey)
- Pictures (Thanks to Stephanie Watkins, Mari Maloney, and Capture Studios)
- 62 Teams (ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEER COACHES, you are the key to our success)
- 70+ New and Experienced Coaches (Thanks to all of our Coaches and SWM Rec Coach Director Douglas DeCamp)
- 250+ Games (Thanks to League VP Britanny Dunham)
- Officiating (Thanks to Mark Smith and Company)
- A Boys AND Girls Division
- Construction on a New Parking Lot, that was decades in the making (Thanks to Lincoln Charter Township and the Board of Trustees)
- Parking and, of course Parking Confusion which WILL be addressed next season (Thanks to the Lincoln Charter Township Police Department for Traffic Management)
- A new league registration platform, that HAS already been improved for the Fall (Thanks to Superwoman)
- Improved Fields, Lines (Compliments of Jason Neidlinger and our Volunteers)
- 190+ ALREADY Registered for the Fall 2021 Season … On and on ..
Register for the Fall by clicking HERE FOR FALL REGISTRATION.
Too many countless people to thank and provide credit to. Each made this season possible. All of you were a part of making this a success. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart. As I said in the beginning, the community that is SWM Rec (SWM SC, Stevensville, Lincoln Charter Township, Lakeshore Public Schools, and the surrounding communities that joined us this season) is the community after my own heart. This is the place that I am proud to call home. Truly the crown jewel of SW Michigan.
There are three people, in particular, that deserve a great deal of the credit and their names are Ms. Brittany Dunham, League VP and Mr. Gil Urban, SWM SC President, and Superwoman (she knows who she is). Both Gil and Superwoman recruited me to the league post and provided guidance to me along the way. Our success was not possible without them.
The third person most deserved of a great deal of recognition is Ms. Brittany. She provided countless hours of selfless service to the league. Her hand was in everything from the start, from season planning, registration, scheduling, coaching, pictures, uniforms, parking, social media, etc. Without her contribution all of this would not have been possible.
So, Ms. Brittany, Gilly, and Superwoman — THANK YOU. You embody the spirit of our league and I am very grateful to have your leadership and contribution.
Please let us know about your experience by completing this short survey. Your input is key to making the improvements you’d like to see. So, let us know by clicking HERE FOR SURVEY.
I love you all very very much and consider all of you my family and hope to see you in the fall.