Good day to you all, the first game is only 5 days away and I wanted to send you a few reminders about the events this week. They are as follows:
- Rosters – All roster moves and requests have been processed and should be reflected within GotSport. The trade deadline has passed Coaches. Please reference your GotSport account for your current roster and roster contact information by clicking HERE.
- Parents – All Coaches should have reached out to their teams and introduced themselves by now, if they haven’t please let me know.
- Assistant Coaches – Remember, that we are asking for a family member from each team to come forward to volunteer as an Assistant Coach, if one has not already done so. Please register by clicking HERE.
- All Coaches – Coaches, please remember to complete your trainings. You can find instructions on how to do this by clicking HERE.
- Practice – Several teams have taken advantage of our newly added pre-season practice time and we encourage other teams to take advantage if you have not had the opportunity. Reserve your Practice Field today by clicking HERE.
- Office Hours – Remember that we have live Office Hours this week. These are intended for anyone with questions, where they’d like to speak with someone, or have a hand with whatever question they may have. Anything from GotSport, Volunteering, Teams, etc. The times are:
- Tuesday, August 24th, 8pm to 9pm, via Google Meet (Button on our Homepage will take you to the meeting)
- Coaches Only Office Hours, Thursday, August 26th, 8pm to 9pm, via Google Meet (Button on our Homepage will take you to the meeting)
- Official Training (Game Referees) – To be held on Wednesday, August 25th, at the LYSC – Picnic Area Under the Trees, 6pm to 7pm. This is for those volunteers that have been assigned the task of Gameday Official Duty. This is also available for anyone who would like to learn more about the rules of play. Coaches and parents are welcome to attend.
- Lakeshore Eats Training (Concession Stand) – To be on Friday, August 27th, 6pm to 7pm, at the LYSC – Concession Stand. This is for those volunteers that have been assigned the volunteer task of Concession Stand this season. Please attend for a demonstration of our new point of sale system.
- Opening Day – Kicks Off, August 28th, at the LYSC, 12pm. You can view your game schedule by clicking HERE.
- Gameday Format – For game length for each age group this can be found by clicking HERE.
- Parking – As you can tell our new parking lot has been completed and we have made special arrangements to ensure our folks with handicap parking needs have been accommodated. For more information about the approved areas for parking, you can do this by clicking HERE.
- Uniforms – Scheduled for delivery September 10th. As updates from our vendor come in, we will post to you all.
- Skipping this number for obvious reasons.
- Volunteers – Please remember to check our volunteer task list for the dates you are responsible to attend. Please click HERE for the schedule.
- Pictures – Are scheduled for September 11th and 12th. Times will be communicated to you shortly and posted on our website at www.swmrec.com.
I’m sure I’ve forgotten to mention something here, so please send me a note and I’ll remember it for the next announcement. Remember too, that all of this information is available and posted to our website at www.swmrec.com, prior to dissemination to you in email. Please check frequently for any updates or questions you might have.
As always, I love you and welcome any email inquiries you might have.
Fall Season Highlight: Coaches and SWM Rec Coach Alum provided a training at our first SWM Rec Coach U event last Wednesday. BIG SHOUT out to Douglas DeCamp, Brittany Dunham, Daniel Crowder, Jake Pschigoda, Jasmine Van Dusen, Ryan Brubaker, Jon Punches, and Mark Stevens, and the 30 or so folks in attendance. Our Coaching family above provided content on their Coaching prowesses and the coaching wizardry they thought were important for other Coaches to consider. Phenomenal job Coaches!!!