Happy Hump Day to all of you. Opening day for this Fall season is only three days away. With that, I wanted to take a moment to recognize those folks who have decided to make SWM Rec Soccer a league of their own. Please click HERE for those who have helped lead our organization into what it is and what it will be.
We have been very fortunate to have several come forward to serve each of you, free of charge, to provide you with a unique fall soccer experience. With all of the hustle and bustle we forget sometimes that every coach and league administrator has volunteered their time for free, and that they too have lives of their own to pay mind to.
Please keep this in mind, when making demands and or requests. We appreciate your patience in this regard and firmly believe you will enjoy your experience with us. Please see below for a list of housekeeping items you may want more information on:
- Weather Policy – For information pertaining to Cancellations, Heat Advisories, etc., please refer to the following link on our website by clicking HERE.
- Home and Away Colors – Red is for home teams; Black is for away teams. Click HERE.
- Official Training (Game Referees AND Coaches) – To be held on Wednesday, August 25th, at the LYSC – Picnic Area Under the Trees, 6pm to 7pm. This is for those volunteers that have been assigned the task of Gameday Official Duty. This is also available for anyone who would like to learn more about the rules of play. Coaches and parents are welcome to attend. WE ARE IN NEED OF OFFICIALS SO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER FOR THIS TASK, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
- Lakeshore Eats Training (Concession Stand) – To be on Friday, August 27th, 6pm to 7pm, at the LYSC – Concession Stand. This is for those volunteers that have been assigned the volunteer task of Concession Stand this season. Please attend for a demonstration of our new point of sale system.
- Parking – As you can tell our new parking lot has been completed and we have made special arrangements to ensure our folks with handicap parking needs have been accommodated. For more information about the approved areas for parking, you can do this by clicking HERE.
- Opening Day – Kicks Off, August 28th, at the LYSC, 12pm. You can view your game schedule by clicking HERE.
- Gameday Format – For game length for each age group this can be found by clicking HERE.
- Rosters – All roster moves and requests have been processed and should be reflected within GotSport. Please reference your GotSport account for your current roster and roster contact information by clicking HERE.
- Parents – All Coaches should have reached out to their teams and introduced themselves by now, if they haven’t please let me know.
- Assistant Coaches – Remember, that we are asking for a family member from each team to come forward to volunteer as an Assistant Coach, if one has not already done so. Please register by clicking HERE.
- All Coaches – Coaches, please remember to complete your trainings. You can find instructions on how to do this by clicking HERE.
- Practice – Reserve your Practice Field today by clicking HERE.
- Skipping this number for obvious reasons.
- Office Hours – Remember that we have live Office Hours this week. These are intended for anyone with questions, where they’d like to speak with someone, or have a hand with whatever question they may have. Anything from GotSport, Volunteering, Teams, etc. In the event no one joins we will end the session after 15 minutes. The times are:
- Uniforms – Scheduled for delivery September 10th. As updates from our vendor come in, we will post to you all.
- Volunteers – Please remember to check our volunteer task list for the dates you are responsible to attend. Please click HERE for the schedule.
- Pictures – Are scheduled for September 11th and 12th. Times will be communicated to you shortly and posted on our website at www.swmrec.com.
I love you all. Please send me anything you would like mentioned in our next fall season announcement.
Fall Season Highlight: Coaches Jennifer Morales and Jennifer Sorensen took advantage of our new Office Hours and had answered questions they’d had. They also took the opportunity to make suggestions to help improve the league we have. Each are on deck to impart their wisdom to our community in our SWM Rec Coach U training scheduled for September 2nd. Excellent job ladies!!!