Coaching is a lot of work. Engage your team parents!
Coaching and raising children “takes a village.” Your team’s “village” is the parents. A Coach should rely on parents to ensure the best possible experience for your players.
Communication is key.
Recommended ways to communicate with your village:
- SSI Play App
- Phone – calling or texting
- Private Facebook group for the parents only.
Recommended roles for team parents to manage:
- Help the coach with making sure all the players have the required forms filled out.
- Assist with organizing or executing drills at practices.
- It is not mandatory, but most teams opt to have snacks after a game. If your team does this, have a parent manage the snack schedule.
- Ask the children or their parents about food allergies.
- Take pictures during practice to share with the team through text, email, or a Facebook group.
- Help the coach make sure the players have all their uniforms and proper equipment for practices and game days.